"Not all who wander are lost" (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings)

"I fancy it was on a run with him in the sleet that I first discovered how bad weather is to be treated - as a rough joke, a romp. (C.S. Lewis, Surprised by Joy)

martedì 17 luglio 2007

Spitting poison

Maybe I didn't tell you but a few weeks ago I had this Italian faked tan girl coming to see the place, she was thinking of getting a one year grant. Think of anything orthogonal to a geeky research place: that's her. She was all like "Oh, but you can't get a pair of jeans for less than 170 euros!". In the meantime I was pretending not to look down at my 10 pounds jeans from TESCO, of which I'm very proud actually. As the French colleague said, with the price of her (oversized, no need to tell you...) sunglasses, we could have bought a whole outfit for both of us. So we were sure that, once back to the sun in Jesolo beach, she would have thought better of it.

Now, latest news, apparently the girl accepted the grant. And yes, unfortunately I'll have to interact with her, she's coming to collaborate with my group.

Maybe she'll run away after the first frost in early september. Hopefully. After all, her brother-in-law factory will certainly always need a secretary.

Nessun commento: